This talk is geared towards beginner and novice programmers and front-end developer interested in using the WordPress REST API. The following topics are covered:
- What is the WP REST API?
- Examples of the WP REST API in the wild
- Using the REST API in a WordPress front-end
- Using the REST API in the WordPress backend
- A decoupled App built with the REST API
- Extending the REST API
- Thoughts on the future of WordPress with the REST API
I gave this talk at WordCamp Geneva 2016, but a lot of the basics in the WordPress REST API stayed the same, so this talk is still relevant, but you can do a lot more with the REST API in WordPress now.